Hey there! Recently, I've been an avid shoppe of Etsy, like many others. I found Oveja Negra's Etsy shop and really liked her handmade sweaters. I'm a huge sweater fan during all times of the year. I really like dressing in layers and sweaters are an easy way to finish the layering off. I have two more of Rosario's sweaters here and here and they are all made very well and are very striking.
This zig zag sweater was so striking to me and just popped so I had to have it! After waiting a few short weeks for Rosario to make it, I was really happy to receive it and wore it the next day. It's still perfect to wear here in DC on rainy cool days like yesterday.
So, I decided to make a card inspired by one of my sweaters by Oveja Negra. I chose the color combination and the zig zag design as the focal point of my card. Inspired by this design too? I'd love to see what you make. Just link your project in the comments section to this post!
Thanks for your visit. Have a great day!
- Trim soft stone cardstock and stamp zig zag background in red ink.
- Adhere doily halves at the the top and bottom.
- Add gray ribbon to the center and overlay red ribbon.
- Die cut label and stamp border in smokey shadow ink.
- Ink the label and focal point with pumice stone distress ink.
- Pop label off focal point and add flowers.
- Adhere focal point on smokey shadow cardstock.
- Mat on card base (4.25" x 5")
- Think outside of the box when working with Spellbinders™ die templates. Here, I rotated the Labels One die template and it looks like a totally different die template.
Stamps :: Waltzingmouse Stamps - blessed by you, off beat backgrounds, very vintage labels no. 1
Ink :: PTI - pure poppy, smokey shadow; Ranger - pumice stone
Cardstock :: PTI - soft stone, smokey shadow
Embellishments :: Prima - flowers; KaiserCraft - pewter pearls; American Crafts - gray ribbon; PTI - pure poppy twill tape; Craft Supply - doilies
Tools :: Spellbinders - labels one nestabilities (S4-161 ), wizard