Hey Everyone! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I did a lot of scrapbooking without photos. What's that? Well, that's what I do when I have special requests to make scrapbooks for people to give as gifts. It's quite a task if you've never tried it before. But, it's a great introduction for me to scrapbook again.
In the meantime, I was playing around with some new ribbon I got and created my own crinkly and stained ribbon (a sample used in today's card). I didn't buy the ribbon with intentions of creating it, but it just happened in a matter of minutes. As a special thanks to my Embellish Magazine members and subscribers, I'll be providing a tutorial there later this week. I'm really grateful for your support and the least I can do is give you all the first peek at a great tutorial. I'll let you know when it's available. If you're not already a member, it's quick and easy to sign up and you get to check out some great card designs while you're there in Embellish Magazine's Premier Issue too!
Today, I created a card with lots of vintage flair. I hope you enjoy it. Here is how I made it and some tips too!
- Trim striped patterned paper to fit an A2 card front.
- Trim black and white patterned paper block and adhere to striped patterned paper.
- Trim music sheet paper, add distress ink, and adhere.
- Add vintage trim and distress ink.
- Add ribbon treatment and glass button with twine.
- In word editing software, type sentiment and print.
- Trim sentiment strip, stamp rain background, and add distress ink.
- Adhere sentiment strip to card front.
- Stamp umbrella, cut out, add distress ink, and pop off card front.
- Add black rhinestone to umbrella.
- If you want a sentiment or a certain size sentiment, use your computer and printer to generate what you want exactly.
- Add stamping to the sentiment and voila a hybrid card!
Stamps :: Lawn Fawn - partly cloudy
Ink :: SU! - black; Ranger - tea dye, antique linen
Cardstock :: PTI - white
Patterned Paper :: GCD Studios - Paris Nights collection; Craft Supply - vintage Mozart music sheet
Embellishments :: Vintage Scrap Shop - trim; Craft Supply - crinkly stained ribbon; Making Memories - vintage glass button; May Arts - twine; KaiserCraft - black rhinestone
Software :: Font - Andes; Microsoft Word; Epson printer