Hey Bleeps! Today, I have a vintage monogram card to share. I hope you like it!
- Trim patterned paper and add border stitching, then adhere to spring moss A2 card front.
- Add crinkle ribbon treatment with button to vintage shipping tag, then pop off card front at an angle.
- Add distress ink to chipboard butterfly, then add Helmar gemstone glue to adhere glitter.
- Add rhinestones to the butterfly.
- Stamp monogram and damask on spring moss cardstock, then adhere to the back of butterfly.
- Pop butterfly off card front.
- Add twine for antennas.
- Ink the card front edges.
Stamps :: JustRite - damask centers, times new roman font
Ink :: Memento - black; Ranger - tea dye, antique linen
Cardstock :: PTI - spring moss
Patterned Paper :: GCD Studios - Paris Nights
Embellishments :: Vintage Scrap Shop - vintage shipping tag; Tattered Angels - butterfly; KaiserCraft - rhinestones; Martha Stewart - glitter; PTI - twine, button; Craft Supply - crinkled ribbon
Tools :: Janome sewing machine, thread
I've always been interested in actions to use with photographs, but did not have time to try it out, until last night. I snapped a photo of Ozzy while I was photographing my card. I used it to apply a "Hot Fudge" action that I had on my computer and applied it in CS5. I also have discovered I really like graphic arts, but have a huge learning curve. So, I thought this was a good time to add some text, learn a bit of typography along the way and see how it turned out. I actually liked it and it didn't take long as I thought. Let me know what you think of "Scruffy Ozzy." Yes, he needs a good grooming in the near future! Poor doggie!
One more thing! I'm giving you a heads up that Embellish Magazine will be doing a special blog hop to celebrate the Premiere Issue on Thursday, May 27. Make sure you stop by Embellishes blog on that day to be inspired and even win some prizes!
Thanks so much for stopping by!