Hey there! I hope you all had a great weekend! I attended my friend's baby shower yesterday and got the chance to create a couple of fun things to share with you all! My friend and I clerked together at our first job out of law school. She's now an attorney...I'm not! haha But, she really appreciates the arts as an artist herself, so she couldn't wait to see the card I gave her. It was really fulfilling to see that she liked it so much. That was just one more reminder to myself that I am on the right track in my life!
- Trim yellow cardstock to about 4" x 5" and stamp polka dotted background.
- Adhere orange twill strips on opposite corners and add a bow to the top left corner.
- Adhere the yellow polka dotted cardstock to a spring rain A2 card base.
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock, then adhere it to metal frame. *This frame is intended to show on the opposite side, but I liked the natural, metal finish and used this side!*
- Stamp bee on yellow cardstock, but out, and pop off frame.
- Adhere frame to card front center with foam adhesive.
Stamps :: DeNami Design - polka dot background; Papertrey Ink - favor it baby, honey bees
Ink :: Tsukineko - memento tuxedo black; Ranger - broken china
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - lemon tart, spring rain, white
Embellishments :: Papertrey Ink - orange zest twill tape; Making Memories - metal frame
I also wanted to create another special gift for her, so I made this wash cloth bouquet, inspired by the one photographed here. Now, I thought I had it all figured out, but I didn't, so I ended up doing it my way! Just a bunch of baby wash cloths, some cream paper roses, leaves, and synthetic orange and blue flowers. I pretty much secured the entire bouquet with pins and finished it off with a 2" wide orange ribbon.
So, if you haven't already make sure you participate in DeNami Design's blog hop! You could win a prize!
Thanks for stopping by and have a fun Monday!