Hey Everyone! I barely made it to the PTI Blog Hop! I was really rushing here placing the final touches on my gift bag. I chose the more traditional route and used a kraft gift bag I had in my craft supply and altered it for "Fresh Homemade Goodies...Just for you, My Friend!" So, here's a brown paper bag project that even adults can appreciate.
I was inspired by a segment on Good Morning America today that featured chalkboard sticky labels. I wanted to order them, but thought I could use my Spellbinders™ Labels Four die templates and some white ink to replicate the chalkboard concept. I really like how that part turned out!
Thanks for hopping by. Here are so more details on my gift bag.
- Trim polka dotted patterned paper and adhere to bag front.
- Trim hawaiian shores cardstock strip and adhere to bag front.
- Die cut scalloped edge border from felt and adhere to bag front.
- Trim another hawaiian shores cardstock strip (slightly larger than the previous one) and adhere to the top part of the bag front.
- Die cut jars, stamp insides and lids.
- Stamp imitation fabric, cut out and assemble jars.
- Adhere jars together.
- Die cut label from black cardstock and stamp sentiments.
- Die cut larger label from black cardstock. Stamp border and sentiment.
- Punch hole and set eyelet.
- Add ribbon and flower treatment and secure label on bag front.
- Adhere stamped jars to the center of the bag.
- Add tissue paper.
Stamps :: Papertrey Ink - friendship jar; Waltzingmouse Stamps - very vintage labels no. 4
Ink :: Tsukeniko - VersaFine - vintage sepia; Stampin' Up! - white; Papertrey Ink - berry sorbet, summer sunrise; Close to My Heart - bamboo
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - rustic cream, hawaiian shores, true black
Patterned Paper :: Papertrey Ink - bitty dots spring moss
Embellishments :: Papertrey Ink - hawaiian shores grosgrain ribbon, black felt; Recollections - flower; Craft Supply - kraft gift bag + tissue paper
Tools :: Papertrey Ink - large scalloped border die, jar die/lid; Spellbinders - S4-190 Labels Four, W-001 wizard; Provo Craft - cuttlebug