header.gif (12,818 bytes)

9.30.2010

My Time Made Easy :: Guest Designer

Hey Everyone! Today, I'm sharing something "new!" Catherine Doucette is now designing stamps for My Time Made Easy and I've created a few projects featuring these great stamps. If you love hot beverages, from coffee, tea, to even hot chocolate, these sets are for you! She has released a super cute Halloween set too (you know I've developed a teeny tiny like for Halloween paper crafts recently), so check everything out. Of course, Lauren has designed some fabulous templates that are super easy for anyone with a printer and scissors or a cutting machine.


I created this card for the coffee lover, my mom! She really likes coffee and also burgundy too! So the colors are not Christmas-y, but totally "Mommy" colors for me! She usually pairs burgundy with green and gold. When she redecorates rooms in her house, she gravitates ever so naturally towards these warm, traditional tones. I figured she'd like a card using them too! Here is how I made it:

Instructions
  1. Trim burgundy cardstock to about 6" x 4.25" then stamp background images in burgundy ink.
  2. Stamp cups on cream cardstock, cut out, and adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
  3. Add flowers, then adhere to a 6.25" x 4.5" card base.
Supplies

Stamps :: My Time Made Easy - fancy a cuppa, fancy a cuppa add on, grab a cup
Ink :: Papertrey Ink - scarlet jewel
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - scarlet jewel, rustic cream, ripe avocado
Embellishments :: Recollections - flowers



I also created a coffee cup carrier, courtesy of My Time Made Easy. Lauren has a serious talent creating these templates. And to think, it's all made from paper is seriously unbelievable. Just ask McArthur, he is amazed by these templates and kept wanting to touch it! The instructions are available with the Fancy a Cuppa template and I also used a To Go template which will be available here. Additionally, the sentiment on the front is one of the new stamps and I simply hand cut around the oval shape. Check out some detailed photos below.

Supplies

Stamps :: My Time Made Easy - Grab a cup sentiment, Grab a cup, Fancy a Cuppa Add On
Ink :: Papertrey Ink - scarlet jewel
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - scarlet jewel, rustic cream
Technology :: Epson - 1400 Stylus printer; Apple - MacBook Pro
Tools :: Spellbinders - Labels Fourteen, Ovals Small + Large; Martha Stewart - scissors





This template here, Go To cup, simply amazed me! Once I saw the Fancy a Cuppa template, I assumed Lauren purchased those disposable to-go cups and covered them. NOPE! I made these cups from CARDSTOCK! I'm so excited about this. I showed McArthur and he had NO IDEA! He thought I bought it...even after I made it. The template even fits those disposable lids, but I wanted to share how 'real' the cup looks! I didn't embellish the cups because I wanted them simple and to coordinate with the coffee carrier, so I added some burgundy satin ribbon (from my wedding...yep, you know Mommy was happy about my color choice, even though she wore a very light gold color).


A lot of people have the single serve coffee makers. I have had my Tassimo since we got married, nearly five years ago (WOW). My mom loved it, so she got one too (of course)! So, I usually get her some T-discs. Her favorite is the Maxwell House french vanilla and this to-go cup fits the T-discs perfect. Each cup is filled with some, just so she can enjoy for this upcoming fall weather!

I hope you enjoyed some of this coffee love I've shared. Although I'm not a big coffee drinker, I like teas and hot chocolate, which can still be showcased with these new sets! So, as soon as you get a chance, head over to My Time Made Easy (I believe the stamps are available for pre-order and will deliver very soon) and check out more ideas on Lauren's blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll be back on Sunday with more projects featuring these 'warm' stamp sets! Enjoy your weekend (I'm off to a wedding and need to design a card, find a dress, and oh yeah pick up a gift for the newlyweds)! Take care, Bleeps!

*Bleeps = blog peeps

12 comments:

Debbie said...

What a wonderful job you did, Ashley, showcasing some of the new products for the October release! I especially {heart} the sweet card you created with all those yummy paper flowers :)

Smita said...

Wow!! Gorgeous card and lovely carrier!

Susie said...

Everything you create is classy - the flowers on your card are such a gorgeous addition. Love the colors you chose for the holder - really elegant.

Amy said...

Oh, these are so beautiful! Love the elegant color combo!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful set, Ashley! Love the rich colors.. your mom will absolutely love it all!

Erica said...

Gracious! So much goodness you're sharing with us this AM...I'll be here until lunchtime. Good thing this is my lazy day so I can enjoy all the designers. You've made Lauren proud and your mom happy.

Liz said...

Wow! Wow is all I can say. I am AMAZED you made that entire project! It looks so amazing! I love whole thing, the carrier and the cups! I can't wait to check them out when you they go on sale tomorrow!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

I think Blogger has a hiccup today...so I want to leave you ANOTHER comment to let you know how much I love your elegant template and card! Just beautiful, Ashley, and I'm so glad you guest designed for MTME! :0)

Katie Cotton said...

fantastic!! I have admired your work for a long time, i'm so excited to be designing with you this month!

Juls said...

very stylish card! Love the coffee carry case such a fabulous and creative idea! Hugs juls

Margaret said...

Beautiful set. I love the cups.

Jess said...

This is classy and elegant! The cup holder looks so professional. Love it
!

Blog Design: Girly by Design