Hallowe'en is almost here! Are ya'll ready? Although I really do not celebrate Halloween, I do get a big bowl of candy for the neighborhood kids. I think that's the best part. I can recall my childhood years, getting dressed up (usually finding something around the house to create a costume), and grabbing a pillow case (yep, a pillow case) to go trick or treating in my neighborhood. Our neighbors were extremely generous. I usually returned with nearly a half-full pillow case full of goodies! When we returned, we would dump our candy out on the floor and check it for any 'tricks!' Seems like I recall sorting "adult" candy too like those charlie chews! Parents always get their fair share too. I've always been a candy lover, so Halloween is so exciting to get FREE CANDY!
The thing is, I really never liked designing paper crafts for Halloween, until this year. I've really enjoyed it and I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel and give up. I hope to be able to do more holiday related cards this year, especially for Easter. It seems that I struggle in that area! What about you. Is it hard to create for certain holidays?
- Trim flocked diamond patterned paper to 5" x 5".
- Trim polka dotted patterned paper to about 2" x 5" and adhere to diamond patterned paper.
- Add crocheted trim.
- Add glitter (using Scor-Tape).
- Add word ribbon and saddle stitched ribbon and tie into a bow.
- Add leaf trinket pins. (TIP: Using wire cutters, trim the pin ends to prevent injury.)
- Add button with twine to ribbon knot.
- Trim playing card patterned paper and adhere to felt (cut using pinking scissors), then add zig zag stitching and adhere to card front.
- Add sentiment tag, then adhere to 5" square card base.
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - terracotta tile (card base)
Patterned Paper :: Graphic 45 - Hallowe'en in Wonderland collection (jaberwocky + tag); My Mind's Eye - Haunted collection (haunted harlequin paper)
Embellishments :: Graphic 45 - crocheted trim, word ribbon; Papertrey Ink - terracotta tile saddle stitch ribbon, black button; Heather Bailey - felt; May Arts - twine; Maya Road - leaf trinket pins; Doodlebug - orange glitter
Adhesive :: Helmar - 450 Quick Dry adhesive; 3M - ATG 714; Scor-Pal - Scor-Tape
Tools :: Janome - sewing machine; Fiskars - pinking scissors
Ya'll have a good weekend! Thanks for your visit!