Hey ya'll! I'm back to share my final project as a member of the Caardvarks Crew. I've been on the team for a year now and enjoyed every bit of it! The team is amazing and the challenges are so much fun! The current challenge is sponsored by Creative Cuts & More. I used an A7 Apron Pocket card to make this simple holiday gift of sharing a recipe. It's the simple things, right?!
On the pocket, I covered it with felt by measuring and adhere with Helmar glue. Then, I added some vintage trim and twill tape. On a label die cut, I stamped polka dotted background, inked the edges and layered it with Spellbinders scalloped circle and standard circle. To get the sentiment to say "Holiday Cookies," I combined two sentiments. On the "Holiday" sentiment, I only inked the "holiday" portion and left the rest uninked from that set! Tricky, but I had the sentiment I wanted in mind, just had to make it work!
Now, don't laugh at my crooked trimming! I don't know how that happened! Anyway, I copied a recipe into Photoshop CS 5, then printed it on the 3.5 x 4.5 cream cardstock and matted it on red cardstock. On the back, is the same template featuring the remaining directions for the cookie recipe! By the way, I'm keeping this pocket card for myself because this is one of the cookie recipes that was recommended to me by MANY blog readers here. Thanks to those readers who suggested it!
- Adhere patterned paper (right side up) over apron top, then trim around the border. Punch holes with crop-a-dile by flipping apron over, you can still see original holes.
- Assemble pocket, then trim felt and adhere to pocket front.
- Adhere vintage trim and twill tape with button.
- Stamp polka dot pattern on label die cut, then ink the edges.
- Die cut circle and scalloped circle from cardstock.
- On circle die cut, stamp border, then apron, then sentiment. Adhere to scalloped die cut, then pop off of label die cut.
- Adhere label die cut to pocket front with foam adhesive.
- Add twill tape to apron top for neck loop!
- For inside, trim red cardstock to about 3.75 x 4.75, then trim cream cardstock to 3.5 x 4.5 and print recipe, then mat on red cardstock on front and back.
Stamps :: Papertrey Ink - just for you, 2008 holiday tag collection; Hero Arts - polka dot background
Ink :: Close to My Heart - cranberry, bamboo; Stampin' Up! - chocolate chip; Ranger - antique linen, vintage photo
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - vintage cream, pure poppy
Patterned Paper :: Kaisercraft - tis the season collection
Embellishments :: Craft Supply - twill tape; Hero Arts - woven lace trim; Papertrey Ink - pure poppy button, linen felt
Tools :: Spellbinders - S4-114 standard circles lg, S4-124 classic scalloped circles lg, GC-001 grand calibur; We R Memory Keepers - crop-a-dile
If you're looking for more projects, please check out my earlier post here.
If it's before 1:00 pm EST and you haven't entered, don't forget about my blog giveaway too!
Have a great weekend! Thanks for your visit!