Speaking of the house, the Embellish magazine graphic designer had a house warming and this is what I designed for her! She's the best as she designs the best stuff out there. I cried the first time I saw the magazine templates - flat out cried - tears of happiness because she knew exactly what I wanted. So, I knew I had to design her something special to celebrate her new home.
If you're wondering about the next issue - I'm still working on it! I know I'm behind schedule, but it's just me doing what an entire company usually works on! It's going to be huge - featuring elements that only an e-zine can handle! So, stay tuned!
I embellished ribbon with a tag and added some crochet lace trim.
I added the stamped house on the artisan element and stitched around the edges. I used heavy duty thread this time and loved the bold look of the stitching.
Since I got her a cookbook and gift card from Williams-Sonoma, I designed a personalized bookmark.
- Trim patterned paper to about 4" x 5.75".
- Ink artisan element and adhere to patterned paper.
- Stamp house, cut out, ink, then adhere to artisan element with foam adhesive.
- Add stitching.
- Add twill tape strip, ribbon treatment, and crochet trim
- Die cut tag. Stamp text background and sentiment. Ink the edges, then adhere to ribbon knot with twine and secure with button.
- Ink the edges of patterned paper and add rhinestone to stamped house.
- Adhere to 4.25" x 6" kraft card front.
Stamps :: Renaissance by Design - house warming set (store now closed); Papertrey Ink - text style
Ink :: Stampin' Up! - chocolate chip; Close to My Heart - bamboo; Ranger - antique linen, vintage photo
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - kraft, white
Patterned Paper :: My Mind's Eye - lost & found collection - family brocade
Embellishments :: Melissa Phillips - twill tape; Papertrey Ink - dark chocolate button; May Arts twine; Pink Paislee - artisan element; Kaisercraft - rhinestone; Hero Arts - crochet lace trim
Tools :: Spellbinders - tags five (retired), GC-001 grand calibur; Janome - sewing machine
Thanks so much for your visit today. Have a good one and take care!