header.gif (12,818 bytes)

5.06.2008

Victorian Birthday Wishes

After designing this card, it reminded me of the Victorian style. The Basic Grey pattern paper features the damask design, so I followed the theme by using a similar stamp. The Victorian style is kind of 'heavy' so to speak, in my opinion, so I thought to emboss the navy blue card stock with the swiss dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. The center of the navy card stock is white, so it popped through in the contrasting color. This card was supposed to follow a challenge layout, but I will admit, I make mistakes too! The mistake was I dropped my acrylic block while trying to stamp my blue damask (AAAAH!), so I had to cover it with the circles and flowers on the "wrong" side that the challenge stipulated. But, who will ever know? Now everyone! The point is, most of the time, if you make a mistake, it can fixed, making it a challenge instead of a 'mistake.' Who is perfect anyway? Not me! Have a great day!

My Goodies
Stamp: K&Co AB Lotus Greeting
Ink: Colorbox Blue Chalk
Paper: Basic Grey; CTMH Navy, Grey; Grey Pre-scred card (Recollections)
Accessories: Flowers - MM 5th Avenue, CTMH Just Blooms; Pearl - Pretties Kit; Circle Nestabilities; Cuttlebug; Navy Grosgrain Ribbon; Swiss Dots Embissing Folder; Silver brads
Technique: Stamped; Dry Embossed
Card Size: 5" x 7"

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design