header.gif (12,818 bytes)

8.18.2008

All about Baby Girls


I'm finally back from a long extravaganza. This trip combined business + pleasure, but was well worth it to break up the monotony of everyday life.

Last night, I designed this gift bag to go along with the BABY girl chipboard album below. I used some of the same pattern paper and ribbon to decorate the front. I added various ribbons. Shower is stamped in pink ink and attached with clips. Personally, I have loved a glue gun since my original craft days and of course I had one to pull out to make sure these clips were adhered strongly! When apply metal objects to alterable projects, I find that glue guns come in handy. Felt items are another hard-to-adhere item, so I use glue gun for that too. BABY are AC Thickers - LOVE THEM! I created a tag at the top by folding a piece of pink scrap and punching a hole, then eyelets with my crop-a-dile. I tied to the gift bag with pink ribbon.

Oh yeah...I used only scraps to create this gift bag! I'm still only using scraps!





This Baby Girl chipboard album was a special request after seeing the Baby Boy album featured on my web site. I finished it almost a month ago and am just now getting around to mailing it. I used flowers, ribbon, letters, and stamps to create this album.





From this view, you can see the journaling area on the "B" and the picture template on the "A." A charm is wrapped around the A, similar to a necklace.






On the back of the A, I applied a "cutie" rub-on and created a pocket. The insert can be a picture or more journaling. On the B, "sweet" letters are used along with flowers and buttons.




On the reverse if the "B" is another pocket with a sentiment stamped and a place to jot down baby facts. On the "Y" pictures may be inserted on the mat underneath a large paper clip.



I painted the entire chipboard pink. Here's the back of the "Y." Pictures can be added here or not, I left that up to the person who will be receiving it. I find that most of the time, these albums lay flat, so it is probably best to leave them plain on the back side.

Boldlifestyle Photography is currently editing my Creating Keepsakes Convention pictures, so I will post my review tomorrow! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, that scrappy baby album is BEYOND fantastic!!! I love every little element!! (And those Thickers really ARE fabulous!)

Blog Design: Girly by Design