header.gif (12,818 bytes)

8.21.2008

It's a...Celebration


It's a...Celebration! That's a line from the Dave Chappelle Show; a mockery of Rick James (rip). That show was too funny and I hate it does not air anymore. Anyway, here are a few "Celebrate" cards I created this week. I figured I would group them together since they all had the same theme.

The card pictured left was a simple creation, using scraps (of course). The pattern paper is a scrap from my sister. She made a card for me on my birthday and gave me all of her leftovers! Isn't she sweet?! The pattern paper is matted on brown card stock. I divided the two sections by tying a brown grosgrain ribbon around the card base. Then, I stamped the sentiment and flowers in chocolate chip ink using SU! All About U set. I stamped the "U" on orange cardstock using Versamark, then heat embossed it with glittery chocolate embossing powder. I popped it off of the designer paper and VOILA, the card is done!


This is a card I designed for my co-worker. She's getting married in October and I decided to use a close replica of her wedding colors. I cannot take credit for the design of this card because I cased it from Silke and Jessie When I saw their cards, I just had to try the overlapping background design concept...loved it! Although I did not have the same word background stamp, I used the one I purchased from Hobby Lobby in Merrillville, IN. I changed quite a few things about the cased cards, such as the size of the card, the type of flower used as the focal point, the sentiment, and color choices. I added a hat pin with pearls and gems from SU! Pretties Kit. To get the effect on the lower portion of the card, I stamped SU! Sanded background stamp in a light brown (I used Desert Sand by CTMH). Then, I used my background word stamp and inked it with a brighter color as an overlay of the sanded pattern. I stamped the rose (stamp set from CTMH) and the sentiment (Papertrey Ink). I really liked this card!




And for the last "celebrate" card, I used a rub-on by SU! for the sentiment. The pattern paper is by Imaginisce. I matted it on orange and black cardstocks. Papertrey Ink's matching "summer sunrise" grosgrain ribbon is tied around the matted cardstocks. SU! hodgepodge hardware kit was used to finish the card. The name plate and the other two "thingys" were applied to the top corners. I really like paisley of this pattern paper, don't you? It's a cross between retro and trendy.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

Nice trio of celebration cards! love your ribbons - the stick pin and great hardware on the green/gold one!

Blog Design: Girly by Design