header.gif (12,818 bytes)

8.22.2008

Potpourri




Here is a baby shower gift bag similar to the girl baby shower gift bag I did earlier this week. After seeing this gift bag, she requested one for the baby boy chipboard purchased. So, I made one really quick for her. I used the same pattern paper used in the baby boy chipboard album. I added thickers for baby shower and used ribbon, button and binder clips as accents.

Gift bags are a simple paper art to finish off your entire project. This works perfectly if you have a scrapbook album or other alterable project to include with your handmade card!















I made this card a few weeks ago, but forgot to share. I used scrap paper to create it. The pattern paper, ribbon, and solid cardstock is all by Papertrey Ink. The small white flowers are by MM (can be purchased at your local Michaels). This is a simple card that has a touch of class. I stamped the friendship sentiment at the bottom. It is by SU! called curvy verses.










This card is a case of my own card. I had leftover scraps and decided to use them for a teenage birthday. The colors would not be my preference, but had the "rock" direction I was going for. I layered everything. The scalloped edge was created by 1/2" circles punched then applied to the back of the black cardstock. Start in the center, then work your way out to the edges so you get an even amount of scallops. Then, trim the ends off if there are any excess. This card is slightly different because of the colors, which are a little opposite. I also used thickers to create the happy sentiment, then stamped birthday at the bottom in black ink. Instead of a black button, I used a clear one with green twine tied to its center. And guess what...I didn't use ribbon on this card! I have discovered I have passion for ribbon and you can find it on almost all of my cards, so I am amazed when I do not use it. I only used twin on the button here, so I thought that didn't count!

Have a good weekend. I am going to a cards class with my former co-worker, Tessa and then to the all-night crop! I hope I get a lot done! Have a fantastic weekend.

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty cards! love the baby bag with the cute clips!

have fun at your crop - my scrapbooking has been very sadly neglected for about a year now - I am SO far behind! thanks for visiting my blog!

Blog Design: Girly by Design