header.gif (12,818 bytes)

9.10.2008

Embossing with Nestabilities

One of my favorite items in my paper art stash are my nestabilities. I have squares, ovals, rectangles, circles and all of their scallop counterparts. I cannot wait for the labels 1 dies to go on sale! I have used them to create die cuts, but not really for embossing. To create simple cards, I wanted to do card front embossing. By the way, I use a Cuttlebug.

To create this look, follow these steps:

1. Lay your A plate down
2. Lay your B plate down
3. Take your die, place it face down on the card
front where you want it
4. Hold the die down in place, then quickly flip it
over and place on top of the B plate
5. 3 layers of heavy cardstock (my preference is
Papertrey Ink) cut into 5x7 pieces to fit
6. Spellbinders tan polymer mat
7. Lay your second B plate down
8. Run it through the Cuttlebug


I stamped the flowers in the center of the embossed square, then stamped the sentiment below and added ribbon. Of course I made a matching envelope.

:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: PTI - Beautiful Blooms (flowers); Father Knows Best (sentiment)
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise; CTMH Bubblegum; SU! Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI- white
Accessories: KaiserCraft pink rhinestones; PTI spring moss satin ribbon; Cuttlebug; square nestabilities
Technique: Stamped; embossed
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2




This time, I tried embossing and die-cutting. Next time around, I think I will not die cut the center. I think I like your traditional card without any "holes!" I embossed first, then I die-cut the circle.

For the basketball, I stamped it in VersaMark, then heat embossed with black powder. I punched the ball with a Marvy circle punch (easy)! I layered the inside of the card with black and orange cardstocks. I used the organe part to write my greeting. Back to the front...I cut a couple of black strips and adhered them to the card base, then popped the sentiment off with black brads.

I thought I would try something new and different. This is for my cousin who likes basketball and is turning 18 and recently started college.


:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: Madison Avenue Stamps (basketball; slam dunk); CTMH (sentiment)
Ink: Black; Versamark
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI Kraft; black; Bazzill Basics orange
Accessories: brads; black copic marker; cuttlebug; circle nestabilities; circle punch
Technique: Stamped; embossed
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

1 comment:

Catherine said...

i love both cards, the first one is just simply beautiful =)

Blog Design: Girly by Design