header.gif (12,818 bytes)

9.30.2008

Get your VERVE on



I designed this card for "Meet the **VERVE** Divas." The challenge was to use purple, which I do not use that often. Of course I used my Verve stamps I received in the mail yesterday! The Birthday Surprise stamp set reminds me of little girls and happy birthdays (although it could be used for much more). So, I decided to use this set for the purple challenge. The entire layout is cased from Dawn McVey. I really liked the stripes. I changed the colors (of course) and the stampe set used.

I added the gift on top of the bow and adhered glitter to the design as well as the birthday hat, which is paper-pierced. A purple rhinestone is added to the top. The lighter purple is not pink, but a very light purple called lavender moon by Papertrey Ink.





:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: Verve Visual-Birthday Surprise
Ink: PTI-Plum Pudding
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI-White, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon; SU!-Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: PTI-saddle stitch plum pudding ribbon; SU!-scallop edge punch; Palette glitter; purple rhinestone
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2


For this card, I designed it for Verve's Gettin' Krafty Challenge. The challenge involved using kraft paper and anything natural. Well, this is right up my alley because I love naturals, rustics, and earth tones. I used the Abundant Blessings stamp set with kraft, brown, and red cardstocks. I stamped the larger flower, then popped a smaller flower off of it on red cardstock. The center is a dew dot. I tore the edges of the brown and red cardstock and adhered to the card base. Hemp twine is wrapped around the brown cardstock, then tied in a knot and bow. The sentiment is stamped on distressed kraft cardstock.



:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: Verve Visual-Abundant Blessings
Ink: SU!-Chocolate Chip
Paper: Cardstocks: PTI-Kraft, Poppy; SU!-Chocolate Chip
Accessories: dimensionals; dew dots; hemp twine; distresser
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Ashley, both cards are just beautiful...love it!

Anonymous said...

I love both cards here... purple is not a colour I work with well and I love how you have done it here.

The Kraft card is just stunning - the red is so vivid against the neutrals.

Blog Design: Girly by Design