header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.07.2008

Rustic Birthday

Good Morning everyone! Today, I'm sharing a frame I designed this weekend. One of my co-workers is giving it to his sister for her 40th birthday! What do you give someone who has just about everything? Something sentimental, especially on a "big" birthday is always a sure bet. So, I designed a rustic styled frame by painting the wood frame in espresso, then metallic acrylic paint. I heat embossed the flower images in white embossing powder, then lightly painted over them with the acrylics to get a distressed look. Instead of leaving the frame part blank, I encouraged my co-worker to think of something special so she could use the frame as-is or add a picture later. So I printed the quote and lightly stamped some images on the cardstock.

This is the 'matching' card I designed to go along with the frame. I carried over the pattern paper, embossed images, and buttons. I added her name for personalization and voila!


:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: CTMH -Treasure Life (embossed flowers), Say it in Style (happy birthday); SU! Pocket Silhouettes (images in frame); MM magnetic alphabet stamps (name); October Afternoon-Save the date (40th)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamarkl Bamboo
Paper: Cardstocks: SU!-Chocolate Chip, Kraft, scraps; Pattern Paper: We R Memory Keepers Copperedout Crochet
Accessories: white embossing powder, heat gun, dimensional, buttons, twine, chestnut roan colorbox ink, CTMH leaves, Tim Holtz hinge clip, MS ribbon, brown & metallic acrylic paints
Technique: Stamped
Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Ashley, love that the frame is matching the bday card... stunning!

Charlene Austin said...

GAW-JUS!! That is one lucky sister. I don't even think my brother knows when my birthday is. Haha.

Angie Tieman said...

What an awesome frame and card!! I'm pretty sure I have a frame like that in my *stash*, perhaps I'll go dig it out and case you! TFS!

Blog Design: Girly by Design