header.gif (12,818 bytes)

12.03.2008

Wedding Invitation Frame


Here is a frame that is WAY past due. Yep...late again! The wedding was in October, but I still have this frame. I completed it in September (with intentions of being on time), but I need to make a card to match and throw in a gift card. But, I like sending wedding gifts late because I liked receiving them late. I think you have up to a year to give wedding gifts. Do you think that's weird that I validate my tardy wedding gifts! It's an extra surprise and you get to buy some things you didn't get on your wedding day; plus, it will be like a Christmas gift! Making frames are easy and I think when wedding invitations fit a frame like this, it's a great gift to give because it is a keepsake they would want to actually keep.

I'll make a card and share it later. Oh yeah, I smudged the last names for privacy, so if you think parts of the picture are blurred, they are!

To make this frame:
  1. Paint wood frame with acrylic paint.
  2. Stamp flowers in versamark ink, then heat emboss with white embossing powder.
  3. Add pearls to the stamped image.
  4. Tie ribbon in a bow around the frame.
  5. Add a hat pin with beads to the knot in the ribbon.
:: My Goodies {frame}::
Stamps: SU!-Artfully Asian
Ink: versamark
Accessories: sweet blush grosgrain ribbon; hat pin + beads; pearls; heat gun; white embossing powder; frame; brown acrylic paint
Technique: Stamped; Heat Embossed
Card Size: 4.25 x 4.25

8 comments:

Cat said...

Hi Ashley!
I have been watching your blog for some time but haven't commented decided to today. Anyway your framed invitation for a wedding gift is a beautiful idea. I really like the embossed flowers on the frame.

Christina Smith said...

What a beautiful idea!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and elegant as always, Ashley! Really love it!

Savitri said...

Woah, this is WOW!!! LOVE it!!!

Well, I am sending my wedding gift a year and two months late :) I am waaay overdue :)

Catherine said...

WOW... this is simply STUNNING.
Love every single detail of this frame.

One of these days i'll have a Featured Stamper on my own and just CASE all your cards, that way i won't feel guilty CASEing your cards and projects...LOL!

Have a great weekend, Ashley.

Jamie Martin said...

This is so pretty and elegant :)

Regan said...

this is super gorgeous!!!!

Mandino said...

along with the others that loves this idea. I really love it too! It's gorgeous! I think that this is beautiful and nice. I have also thought about the idea of a DVD invitation. I have searched for more modern invitations, and I found Silver Screen Invites.

Blog Design: Girly by Design