header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.04.2010

Happy Anniversary {with scraps}


Happy Easter

Today, I'm sharing a card using some of my scraps I had on hand, inspired by The Shabby Tea Room challenge for the week. I recently used My Mind's Eye Lush and Creative Imaginations' notes ledger patterned papers for other projects and thought they paired well together for a card. The sentiment is also a scrap. If only you could see the back of it; it is all stamped on! Don't forget to use the back of scraps as well - just a little hint I thought I'd share.

**Trying a new photo sharing experience here. Let me know if you like it. My photos now highlight some of the card elements. Is it worth it? Do you like it?**

Also, don't forget, I have a new stamp set for sale here!

I hope all of you are enjoying your Easter weekend. "See" you tomorrow for a fun Caardvarks challenge!

Thanks for "hopping" by this Easter to take a peek!

Instructions
  1. Trim ocean tides cardstock to create an A2 card base.
  2. Trim edge from notes ledger patterned paper and ink.
  3. Adhere notes ledger paper to polka dot patterned paper and ink.
  4. Tie twill tape into a bow, then adhere to card front.
  5. Add rhinestone flourish.
  6. Stamp sentiment on rustic cream scrap, hand cut, crinkle, ink and pop off card front at an angle.
  7. Ink flower and add to ribbon knot with glue.

Supplies

Stamps :: Waltzingmouse Stamps - say it with style
Ink :: Ranger - tea dye, antique linen
Cardstock :: PTI - rustic cream
Patterned Paper :: My Mind's Eye - Ooh La La collection (la dee dee); Creative Imaginations - notes ledger
Embellishments :: Prima - flower, rhinestone flourish; Melissa Phillips - twill tape

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I love, LOVE your work. I stop by your blog often. I believe you're asking for sincere feedback. So I hope I come off as "suggesting" rather than "criticising."

I like additional, close-up photos, but ones that are more revealing or informative than the photo of the complete card. They would either (a) answer a question about "how'd she do that?" or (b) let me see detail of something really pretty that I couldn't appreciate in a single photo.

The images you show below aren't that much larger/zoomed in than how they appear in the photo above them.

When I look at your card, the questions that come to my mind are: (1) how'd you attach the flower to the bow? (2) is the center of the flower green and the tips white? (3) I might be interested in seeing a close up of how you dyed/inked the paper where you stamped the sentiment. So those are what I'd cross my fingers for in a detail shot.

I'm trying to think of who I follow whose photos tend to "answer" my questions...Dawn McVey perhaps?

But of course anything additional you give us would be appreciated. :) Thanks as always for sharing your fine talents with rest of us.

Els said...

Amazing card, Ashley! I love the teal color and the design! Gorgeous!

Rae said...

I agree somewhat with anonymous as far as the images below this particular card. I check your blog every day I am able to, which is often. I love your work. I recommend your blog to all my papercrafting friends as well. (not many, but they are growing-smile) Your full shot often gives me enough detail, and on top of that you give instructions. I think you do enough already, Ashley. As always, thanks for sharing your talents.

Debbie said...

Very pretty ... I {heart} those rhinestone swirls and twill tape! Thanks for joining us again in the Tea room this week. I hope you can come back tomorrow to give our new challenge a try :)

Courtney Baker said...

Ashley... LOVE THIS CARD. I do like the three shots under the large image. It just looks nice and clean.

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous card, Girl! Love the green polka dots. Makes me want to pull out my PTI polka dot stamps. :)

The bling,Prima flower and sentiment are perfect. I always use the back side of my paper too. Especially if I get it off center or something like that. :)

Judy Hayes said...

This card is beautiful, Ashley!
I love the color combo!
See you soon!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous! Love the big green polkas and love what you can do with your scraps!

Linda Carson said...

Lovely!

Magali S. said...

C'est magnifique !!!
BRAVO !!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the green polka dots!

Charlene Austin said...

The card is fabulous and I LOVE the photo layout. Keep it. It looks great and it's unique! What more could anyone want, ask for or expect??!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful card! I really love this color combo. I also like the three pics underneath. It's fun to see the detail!

Lisa H. said...

to me it doesn't matter how I look at your work-it's just breath taking. I LOVE the green polka dots with all the cream in this card!

Blog Design: Girly by Design