header.gif (12,818 bytes)

10.21.2010

Happy {early} Thanksgiving




Hey Everyone! It's Friday Eve and I'm excited about that because the weekend is right out the corner. I've been wanting to participate in Waltzingmouse Stamps' sketch challenges again, but just can never find the time, until this week. So, here's my card I created using the sketch. I was inspired by so many designs using the Teeny Trees stamps set, that I felt compelled to use mine. I just used fabric as my focal point, instead of cardstock.

So, have you all started making your holiday plans? I'm not sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving just yet, but I'm sure it's going to involve eating! I did put up a couple of fall things around the house, like my {fake} wheat centerpiece and front door wreath. I like shopping at Marshall's and Home Goods for seasonal items and boy did they have a lot! The Home Goods store was full of Christmas decor and I can't wait to go back to get some new stuff to replace some old! :) So, do you use the same holiday decor every year, add a few pieces to your collection, or start over completely? Starting over is probably a bit extreme, but some of the pieces that I purchased five years ago just isn't my style anymore and I'm ready to chuck it! I'll probably donate it. Oh My...while writing this post, I looked up on a bookcase and noticed one of those CHRISTMAS pieces...why is it still there? All year long? haha OKAY it's really going this year! :)

Instructions
  1. Trim muslin, stamp polka dotted background, trees, leaves, and sentiment.
  2. Add stitching, then run through Creatopia and adhere to card front.
  3. Add ribbon.
Supplies

Stamps :: Waltzingmouse Stamps - teeny trees, off beat backgrounds
Ink :: Clear Snap - ColorBox - chianti; Tsukineko - vintage sepia, spanish moss; Close to My Heart - autumn terracotta
Cardstock :: Papertrey Ink - ripe avocado
Embellishments :: Craft Supply - muslin; Papertrey Ink - dark chocolate twill tape
Tools :: Janome - sewing machine; Xyron - Creatopia fabric adhesive

Thanks so much for your visit! Take care and I'll see you tomorrow for another Embellish Color Challenge!

15 comments:

Cristina said...

How much do I love this card? Using the fabric like that feels so fresh, like you're pushing the envelope, but in the best possible way. Really, really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

lovely!

Smita said...

Fantastic card. Love the muslin and the stamping.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Hugs,
Smita

Brandi said...

Ashley this card is simply beautiful! What a gorgeous use of fabric!

Julie said...

Just gorgeous and you've inspired me to dig out my sewing machine and blow the dust off of it....now if I can just get it threaded!

Lucy Abrams said...

Oh what a beautiful card Ashley.

Ashleigh said...

Fabulous card! And a big LOL @finally spying that straggling Christmas decor. :D

milkshake007 said...

I just love this card....well, I love everything you create.

Is there a particular Janome sewing machine you use?

Savitri said...

lovely!!! the stitching of different threads really makes this stand out! I did some stitching today but I'm so dang lazy that I did brown on brown, ha! I wish there's a machine where you can put five threads and just push a button to change so that you don't have to rethread each time. That'd be my machine :P

I've got a few fall pieces but dunno, each year they just don't look that great. Never heard of Good Homes. My Christmas stuff I do collect. I love them still even if they're old. As for the Christmas piece on your bookcase... you can do them redneck jokes on yourself but they're usually for Christmas lights :P

Julia Aston said...

This looks wonderful stamped on the muslin Ashley! Love the colorful rows of stitching!

Keva said...

Oh, this is super lovely! I've not tried any fabric yet, but plan to soon. Really love the details.

I heart Home Goods - there is one a few miles away. We just bought our first home last year, so I've not had an opportunity to "reuse or recycle" any of our stuff. I just got some Fall flowers last week, but that's all we have for Fall. Our house is so sterile that I hardly ever "decorate" for the season...I should probably try that. Haha

Alice said...

really love that you stamped on fabric and you even used matching color stitching! i am usually too lazy to change the color of my thread. LOL! beautiful card, Ashley!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cuuute card Ashley! Love how you stamped the WM Teeny trees on the muslin & that colorful stitching is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Tiff said...

This is gorgeous!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just beautiful! I love the muslin!

Blog Design: Girly by Design