header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.24.2008

Fun Flock Cultivation




Many times, if I am stumped for ideas on a new card, I select a stamp or embellishment or technique that I want to try. This time, I selected Papertrey Ink's new Garden of Life stamp set. Specifically, I wanted to stamp the swirly flowers. As you can tell, I am into flowers and swirls lately! I could not think of what to do with them, so I just selected an ink (green), stamped the background, then stamped the overlay in black ink. I decided that if I cut them out and popped them off one another, it could look like a large flower. I added a stem and some leaves. A few green brads are applied for a punch of color.



I tried to get a close up shot so you could see the texture of the leaves. I used fun flock, which is a fuzzy material that you can apply to anything but first using a glue pad, then heating it to set. Since it is such a simple card, I thought the fun flock would add pizazz! You can get fun flock in a variety of colors. My personal favorite use is to cover plain brads - to make them velvety!

This card was cultivated just for you!

Supplies
Stamp
: PTI Garden of Life (flowers, leaves, sentiment)
Ink: CTMH black; Topiary
Paper: PTI Berry Sorbet; White
Accessories: Making Memories green brads; Sour Apple Green Fun Flock
Technique: Stamped & Flocked
Card Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design