header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.09.2008

Handmade Paper & More Cherry Blossoms


Today, I decided to share some of my new Paper Source finds! Pictured left, is a red 5.5" x 5.5" square card from Archivers. Archivers has a great selection of pre-scored cards and envelopes. Paper Source is a good alternate if there is no Archivers in your area. The Japanese patterned paper is Paper Source's new handmade selection. It is very thin and lightweight. You can actually feel the hand painted design! I used a matching blue cardstock and BoBunny blue polka dot patterned paper to stamp the birthday sentiment. I attached a red ribbon and two flowers from the pretties kit.







Pictured right is the inside of the birthday card. The stamped birthday sentiment is continued to complete the card. Red and brown flowers were also stamped on the inside to add more color. I also stamped red flowers on the outside of the envelope so there would be excitement to open it!






I needed to send a thank you card to a family friend who has sewn custom clothes and altered countless articles of clothing for me. Recently, she altered a blouse, so I thought I should send her a card of appreciation. I decided to use the same handmade patterned paper because it is so bright and vibrant, yet so warm due to my favorite brown! I tied a brown ribbon and stamped 'thank you' on a circle. The background of the card is also hand stamped with "cherry blossoms" stamp! I stamped the cherry blossoms with VersaMark, then applied clear embossing powder and applied heat. The picture does not reflect the embossed effect, but the lighter parts of the picture are the 'shine.' I added a few red blings to the flowers...of course!

1 comment:

Matt & Joyce Schultz said...

I really like these cards! I'm into the bright, bold colors. Plus I love the Asian influence of the design. Very nice!

Blog Design: Girly by Design