header.gif (12,818 bytes)

4.10.2008

The Power of Prayer and a Card too!

Unfortunately, we all have to send sympathy cards to support those who have lost loved ones. This customer needed two. So, I designed two simple, yet different cards.


Some people interpret color during a time of grief as an inappropriate, untraditional approach. However, color can be uplifting and healing, so I incorporated it in the card pictured left. The patterned paper is double-sided by K&Co. I triple-matted the papers. "I'm praying for you" is stamped on the front in chocolate chip ink and adhered with an antique brass metal tag. Orange ribbon is tied around the centered image to secure the ribbon and add the punch of color.






The inside of the card is stamped with Verve Visual Serenity stamps. The serenity prayer and the flowers are stamped in chocolate chip. All edges are inked on the card for a finished look.








"With Heartfelt Sympathy" is my more traditional card. The serenity leaves and sentiment is stamped in white ink on black cardstock. To give it a pop, rhinestones were added to serve as ellipses. The sentiments are from an acrylic stamp set from Michaels.







The inside of the card is very simple with the sentiment, "We wish you God's peace" stamped in blank ink on white cardstock.

As a part of life, we all experience death. I hope that these cards provide support and healing during their time of grief. Thank you for stopping by to see two of my four card creations I made on Tuesday night! I've been on a good roll lately!

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

I love both of these cards - love the colors on the top one and the sentiments on both - very nice!

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Blog Design: Girly by Design