header.gif (12,818 bytes)

2.26.2009

Strength in Family and Friends


I can't believe it's Thursday already! YAAAY! Tonight, I finished the baby scrapbook (whew)! I took some photos of it, but they're not too great. I'll share them with you this weekend. The scrapbook is very simple and basic. When I make scrapbooks without the photos, it is very limiting because I can't embellish areas of the page that I might if I had the photo to to add to the page. Regardless, it's a great idea for a new mom who does not have time to make a scrapbook. Here's a special, handmade one in an instant (well, for her it will be an instant - for me it took 4 nights)! I'm just glad I chose to do an 8x8 book and not anything larger.

Anyway, today's card is a sympathy card and uses the pleated trim I bought in NYC a couple of weekends ago. Man, I love NYC and can't wait to visit again. I just can't get enough of that City. There are so many new things to see and do every visit.

I hope each of you find strenth in family and friends because that's priceless and something you can't buy in NYC! :) Thanks for stopping by and have a throwback Thursday (whatever that means)!

Instructions
  1. Trim kiwi kiss cardstock to 4.25" x 11", then score at 11".
  2. Stamp floral spray and cut out.
  3. Adhere trim to card base.
  4. Adhere stamped floral spray to card base with dimensionals.
  5. Stamp sentiment.
  6. Punch butterflies and adhere to floral spray.
  7. Add rhinestones.
:: My Goodies {strength in family and friends}::
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-with sympathy
Ink: Stampin' Up!-chocolate chip + kiwi kiss
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-stamper's select white + dark chocolate; Stampin' Up!-kiwi kiss
Accessories: dimensionals; Martha Stewart-butterfly punch; M&J Trimmings-pleated satin ribbon; Hero Arts-rhinestones
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Another amazing card! I love how you cut out the image and made it pop! LOVE IT!

Deanna said...

Well girl... I am loving the box pleat, curtain, ribbon thing you got goin on! Gorgeous!

Heather in FL said...

Very nice. I didn't comment about the previous card, but man, that pleated ribbon is REALLY nice. I can see why you got it in NYC!

Geny said...

Love those ruffles!! So pretty, you are beyond talented!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Stunning card as always, Ashley! Love those ruffles very much!

Thank for stopping by the Hero Arts blog and my blog today; and for the wonderful comments!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! Another show stopper! Your cutting and attention to detail are so amazing!

Blog Design: Girly by Design