header.gif (12,818 bytes)

2.25.2009

Wish :: Smile :: Enjoy


Happy Hump Day! Today's card was inspired by another card I made last year. I can't link it because it is going to be published this summer. I changed quite a few things about the card, so this one is basically an original. My cards usually morph as I am creating them. You can see the metamorphosis on this card because if this sketch were thought out in advance, I would have placed the three squares slightly higher to center it more. But, then again, that's what makes card making fun and interesting, right?!

Unfortunately, I didn't finish the baby scrapbook because I was given a one day extension and when that happens...I take it! :) I only finished one layout and got "creator's block." I thought I should stop because I'd rather create something that looks great, instead of something forced. So, I hope I have plenty of creativity bubbling tomorrow night! :)

One last request, today make a wish, smile, and enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to 'see' you tomorrow!

Instructions
  1. Trim cardstock to 4.25" x 11", then score at 5.5".
  2. Stamp designs on a punched square.
  3. Matte three squares on aqua mist punched squares.
  4. Stamp sentiments on punched circles and adhere to squares.
  5. Adhere squares to card base.
  6. Cut the bottom edge of the card base with scallop punch (along with two other cardstocks).
  7. Adhere scallop edged cardstocks in rows.
  8. Apply ribbon and tie in a knot.
:: My Goodies {wish|smile|enjoy}::
Stamps: SU!-simple delights; Papertrey Ink-mixed messages
Ink: Colorbox-chestnut
Cardstocks: Papertrey Ink-raspberry fizz + dark chocolate + aqua mist
Accessories: dimensionals; Creative Memories-square + circle punch; Papertrey Ink-aqua mist top notch twill ribbon; SU!-scallop punch
Card Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink and brown, my two fav colours! Wicked card GF!

Geny said...

Love the layered scallops, pretty pretty card!

Blog Design: Girly by Design