I am in need of a card for my friend who is expecting. I'm going to make cards over the next few days until I can decide on one. I think this one screams wedding, not 'mom-to-be!' I'll try again tomorrow!
Last year, McArthur and I photographed Susan G. Komen's Circle of Promise's presence at the Race for the Cure on the National Mall in Washington D.C. There, we met Lalah Hathaway and I took a photo with her. Lalah is an ambassador for Circle of Promise and performed before the race began. That day, we also saw Vice President Joe Biden and his wife...really close! Anyway, we found this image on their site recently, so I thought I'd share it with you all. The photos on their front page alternate based on reload, but when I happened to visit, I saw myself on the first click and I nearly fell out of my chair. I just was so surprised.
So, join the 'circle' and support finding a cure for breast cancer while you're taking a peek!
Thanks for stopping by today!
- Trim sweet blush cardstock to create an A2 card base (4.25" x 5.5") and ink the edges towards the center with a blending tool and dye inks.
- Trim rustic cream cardstock to about 3.5" x 5" and stamp background pattern.
- Ink the entire rustic cream cardstock with dye inks and blending tool and round one end's corners.
- Trim spring moss cardstock strip, ink, and stamp sentiment, then adhere to cardstock.
- Add tulle with double-sided tape and flower with tacky glue. I inked my flower and sprayed it with glimmer mist for some shine.
- Add hat pins, then adhere cardstock to card base.
- Adhere pearls to background pattern.
- When stamping a background pattern where you want something centered, stamp the center image first, then stamp the pattern around it. This technique creates an evenly stamped pattern.
Stamps :: Hero Arts - everyday sayings; PTI - giga guidelines
Ink :: Ranger - antique linen, vintage photo, tea dye; PTI - sweet blush, raspberry fizz
Cardstock :: PTI - sweet blush, rustic cream, spring moss
Embellishments :: Prima - flower; Maya Road - leaf trinket pins; Craft Supply - tulle fabric; KaiserCraft - pearls; Tattered Angels - dazzling diamonds glimmer mist
Tools :: We R Memory Keepers - corner chomper; Ranger - blending tool