Run on over to the blog and check out the sketch for this week AND to see what everyone else created! It has lots of scalloped layers and a very clean and simple layout. The fabulous Kimberly Crawford created them for us all to use! Thanks, Kimberly! Although sympathy cards are very difficult to create, especially when you really NEED one, this stamp set makes it a bit easier giving you those beautiful butterflies and great sentiments. The good thing is, the set can be used for countless other occasions as well. You can't have enough butterflies in your collection. Well, I know I can't!
*I've updated my stamps for sale!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy your Tuesday!
*Bleeps = Blog Peeps
- Trim fabric paper to about 3.75" x 4" and ink it up with a blending tool and dye inks.
- Trim three strips of natural muslin and die cut them edges with a scallop border die and ink.
- Adhere the fabric layers together with tacky glue.
- Run fabric through Creatopia fabric adhesive and adhere to fabric paper.
- Tie ribbon treatment around fabric paper and muslin and tie into a bow.
- Add inked flower to ribbon knot with tacky glue.
- Adhere fabric paper/fabric to a 4.75" x 6" rustic cream card base.
- Ink the card base.
- Stamp butterfly, cut out, and ink.
- Adhere to card front and add pearls.
- Color pearls with Copic marker to soften the stark white color.
- Stamp sentiment on bottom center card front.
- When muting colors on your designs, think to tone down all elements. Here, I used a Copic marker to color on pearls to make it not appear so white. Now, I have a more cream pearl as opposed to white.
Stamps :: Skipping Stones Design - healing wings
Ink :: Ranger - antique linen, tea dye; SU! - chocolate chip; Copic marker (Sand - E33)
Cardstock :: PTI - rustic cream
Fabric :: American Crafts - tickled tulip fabric paper (dear lizzy collection); Craft Supply - natural muslin
Embellishments :: Prma - flower; KaiserCrafts - pearls; MemrieMare - cabbage rose ribbon
Tools :: PTI - large scallop die; Provo Craft - cuttlebug; Xyron - Creatopia