Hey everyone! I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! Ours was quite busy with the two weddings, but still fun. My feet really killed me after the first wedding, so on Saturday, I went and picked up some sorta cute Naturalizers. They worked like a charm on Sunday, but standing still made my heels ache. I don't want to wear those shoes that look so comfy they're hideous, so they'll just have to do!
So, I'm back this week with a card + a sketch to share with you! Skipping Stones Design is such a great company. I've designed for them before earlier this year and had a great time. This time, I'm back as a Sketch Designer. Now, this is my first time taking on this challenge, but it was fun! I usually sketch first, then design. So, it wasn't too hard for me to draw up the sketch below. So, give it a shot and head on over to Skipping Stones Design blog to link it up! I'd LOVE to see what you do with it.
- Using leftover scraps from the mini card here, adhere them to a 3.5" x 5" card stock and stamp music background.
- Trim black cardstock strip and adhere to card base.
- Trim black cardstock strip, cut fringe, and adhere to gradient cardstock.
- Add raffia trim, button treatment.
- Stamp sentiment, trim, and mat on black cardstock.
- Adhere gradient cardstock and sentiment using foam adhesive to card front.
Stamps :: Skipping Stones Design - timeless textures (music background), always here (sentiment)
Ink :: Tsukineko - memento tuxedo black
Cardstock :: Stampin' Up! - certainly celery, kiwi kiss, old olive; Papertrey Ink - rustic cream, spring moss; American Crafts - black
Embellishments :: Michaels - raffia trim; Papertrey Ink - buttons; May Arts - twine
Tools :: Martha Stewart - fringe scissors
Card Size :: 4.5" x 6"
Thanks for visiting. Have a great Tuesday!