header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.06.2008

Happy Birthday, Chole

Yesterday was my sister's birthday, so I waited to post this card today (after she got a chance to open it)! She requested a "bling" birthday card and has a list of paper art supplies she likes and dislikes, so I TRIED to keep that in mind when making one for her. I'm waiting for her to start creating with me too one day since she often offers her opinion on what she likes and dislikes!

To create this card, I stamped the flower on the card base and also on brown card stock. I used white craft ink, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut out the brown flowers and popped them off of the green card base. I also used my hole-punch on my crop-a-dile to punch holes around the flower (picture does not show this element well). I added rhinestone "bling" to the centers of the flowers. I used chipboard letters and paper-pierced them with green pattern/solid cardstock. I adhered the the paper onto the chipboard then glued to the brown cardstock. I used a creative memories wave paper trimmer to get that effect. Last, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in the wave and between flowers.

My Goodies
Stamp: Inkadinkado Doodle Flowers; PTI-Father Knows Best (happy birthday)
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Paper: 29th Street Market - "Fresh Beauty Perfect Posies Greenery"; Double Mates - Creamy Cocoa
Accessories: Chipboard Letters by Paper Studio (hobby lobby); Rhinestones
Technique: Stamped; Paper Pierced

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I love my card! One day, my collection will offer bling as a standard feature.

Blog Design: Girly by Design