header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.09.2008

You're Expecting!


I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a very BUSY weekend. I had to finish a baby scrapbook, gift bag and card by Sunday afternoon. Well...I met my deadline! I think I work better under pressure; not having time to think whether this or that will look better! Pictured right is a close-up of a gift bag for expecting mother, Emerald! I customized the bag, card, and baby scrapbook for her. This project was for my mother to give as a gift at the shower.




Here is the card I created. I used the New Arrival Cricut cartridge to make the pregnant die-cut mommy. It is difficult to find some ethnic cards, so the Cricut and various shades of paper make that possible! I made the mommy have a pink dress with black pants, pumps and purse! I embellished with black stickles around the empire waistline, created an eye for her face, and also placed a K&Co adhesive pearl to accent the purse! I placed the entire die-cut on white card stock that is matted on black card stock and pink polka dot paper (K&Co 12x12 stack). The base of the card is solid black card stock. The sentiment "you're expecting" is a clear stamp set from AC Moore (can't recall now - will post later)!





This picture shows the bag and the card together. I recycled an older bag (that was never used by the way from my previous business). I covered the old logo with solid black card stock and placed a large pink ribbon around it and tied it in a knot. I added a larger die-cut, matted with same matching papers to the black card stock. Lastly, I added her name, Emerald, for personalization.

All things paper is my specialty, so that includes gift bags too! Scrapbook layouts for the baby girl book I created are posted here and here.

1 comment:

The Paper Chic said...

Very cute!! I love how MOD she looks!!

Blog Design: Girly by Design