header.gif (12,818 bytes)

7.08.2008

BeLATEd Birthday Wishes

I cased my own card as well last week to come up with this vision. As usual, I changed a couple of things, such as making it fit the theme for a belated birthday, tearing edges, using different matching cardstock with the pattern paper (that I always forget to jot down to tell you). I stamped the word "late" with my Making Memories Magnetic Alphabet Stamps in light brown ink on kraft cardstock, cut it out with scissors, inked the edges, and popped off the card base an at angle. The sentiment is stamped in white ink on brown torn cardstock. I added brown waxy flax and tied around the entire front of the card.

I really like using waxy flax (as well as hemp twine) to embellish my paper art. Waxy flax is easier to adhere because you can mold it in shapes and it stays exactly where you want it. It comes in a variety of colors and can be purchased at various online stores or through your Close to My Heart rep.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

My Goodies
Stamp: VV (Birthday Wishes); MM magnetic alpha stamps
Ink: Desert Sand (CTMH); SU! White Craft
Paper: PTI kraft; Bazzill Basics brown; Pattern Paper - unknown
Accessories: Brown Waxy Flax (CTMH)
Technique: Stamped

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design