Hey there! I just wanted to pop in and share the new Embellish Magazine Color Challenge. This time, you have to use stitching and the soft colors shown above. The challenge is sponsored by Your Next Stamp, who sells great rubber stamps. You have to stop on over and check it out.
In my card, I chose to hand stitch twine around the border of aqua mist cardstock. This idea is from by sweet blog friend, Amy Sheffer. Her designs are amazing and when I saw her stitching with twine, I had to try this out! I finally did and love the texture it adds to projects. I also made my 'cocktail' into a frozen one by adding some glitter!
These colors work great for the spring season and even Easter, so I hope you get the chance to stop by, check out the entries and DT projects and of course time to make your own.
I hope to post a shabby inspired card later...that is if I get to making one today!
Thanks so much for your visit! I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
(1) Trim kraft cardstock into a 4.25" square card base.
(2) Trim aqua mist cardstock into a 4" square and hand stitch border.
(3) Stamp drink; once on aqua mist cardstock, another on white cardstock.
(4) Color umbrella stamped on white cardstock, cut out, then pop off aqua mist cardstock image.
(5) Color 'cherry' and add glitter.
(6) Stamp sentiment.
(7) Add ribbon treatment.
(8) Adhere aqua mist cardstock to card front with foam adhesive.
Stamps :: Your Next Stamp - cheers
Ink :: SU! - black; Copic markers
Cardstock :: PTI - aqua mist, kraft, white
Embellishments :: PTI - sweet blush satin ribbon, twine
Tools :: needle, paper piercer