Hey there, Bleeps! I'm back with a fun card to share featuring Practicing Creativity Design's stamps. They're designed and sold by my super duper sweet friend, Courtney Baker. I decided to use this great stamp set for The Shabby Tea Room challenge this week. This week's challenge was a spring card that used stitching! I see a new trend lately...stitching and spring colors! There are lots of challenges and even publication calls that highlights one or both of these elements, so you must make something...FAST!
Here, I used a lot of pastels in the pennant flags and stitched with twine (again...see my last posting). I love stitching with twine because it creates much more texture than with floss or thread. It's just something a little different and stays neutral, which I like, especially for this card.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by! I always appreciate your visit. Thanks to those who blog hopped during the JustRite Mega Blog Hop! It was so much fun and great to 'see' so many visits. Thanks a bunch!
(1) Trim white cardstock to about 4" x 5.25" and stamp pennant twice. (Tip: With clear stamps, you can bend them to create curves)
(2) Stamp the insides of the pennant flags.
(3) Stamp hot air balloon twice; once on the white cardstock, then on yellow patterned paper.
(4) Cut balloon from patterned paper and pop off white cardstock - allowing the balloon basket to show.
(5) Stamp sentiment, border and birds.
(6) Add stitching to pennant.
(7) Add inking and pop off yellow A2 card base.
Stamps :: Practicing Creativity Designs - Look Up
Ink :: PTI - sweet blush, aqua mist, spring moss, berry sorbet; Ranger - tea dye, antique linen; Hero Arts - latte
Cardstock :: PTI - lemon tart; Gina K. Designs - white
Patterned Paper :: My Mind's Eye - breaking free collection
Embellishments :: PTI - twine