Dearest Dad, I miss you. But, today I am going to celebrate your life. Thank you for being a great father who exemplified strength like no other.
My dad, a retired USAF veteran served as a military member and made the U.S. a safe place for me and you. Unfortunately, his life ended after fighting Multiple Sclerosis for over twenty years. My dad exemplified strength like no other.
Below, is a photo of my dad when he was stationed in the far east during his military career. I made this canvas altered project in honor of my dad a couple of years ago. I removed that polka dotted ribbon and it sits in my office at work. I love it. You can see the original post here.
My dad LOVED sweets! So, in his memory I made pecan turtles. You can find the recipe here. I used PTI's egg box and created a matching card. Hopefully, this project will give you a few ideas for a father/dad in your life to celebrate. So, who will I give mine to? My mom! She was my dad's caretaker for over 20 years. Although I had a dad for a long time, my mom was in many was like a dad too since my dad was ill most of my childhood. I'm sure she'll just take the candy and run! :) Don't get mad mommy when you read that part! *giggles*
- Paint egg box and lid with brown acrylic paint.
- Stamp wood grain pattern on box using vintage cream ink.
- Cut felt strip and adhere to box.
- Die cut square from brown felt and pop off box lid center.
- Die cut circles from kraft and cream cardstocks.
- Stamp sentiments, layer and pop off felt square.
- Add buttons.
- On inside, cut cardstock to fit inside the box. Adhere wax paper to cardstock and punch half circles on each side to be able to lift each chocolate layer up. Add chocolates.
Stamps :: background basics (woodgrain), just for you
Ink :: vintage cream, simply chartreuse; SU! - chocolate chip; Ranger - old paper
Cardstock :: kraft, vintage cream
Embellishments :: simply chartreuse, dark chocolate felt, dark chocolate buttons
Tools :: Making Memories - chocolate acrylic paint; Ranger - Claudine Hellmuth brushes; Helmar - craft glue; Spellbinders - standard circles large nestabilities (S4-114), classic squares large nestabilities (S4-126), wizard
- Trim dark chocolate cardstock to 2.5" x 5" and stamp woodgrain pattern in vintage cream ink.
- Pop woodgrain stamped cardstock off a 3" x 5.5" dark chocolate card base.
- Die cut circle from kraft cardstock and adhere to card front center.
- Stamp leaf on ripe avocado cardstock, cut out and pop off card front.
- Stamp sentiment on rustic cream cardstock, trip and pop off card front.
- Add buttons with twine.
- On inside, stamp world with watermark ink and sentiment in vintage cream ink.
- Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado pair well together! Don't be afraid to mix hues!
Stamps :: background basics (woodgrain), masculine motifs (sentiment, leaf)
Ink :: ripe avocado, vintage cream; SU! - chocolate chip; Versamark
Cardstock :: dark chocolate, rustic cream, kraft
Embellishments :: simply chartreuse buttons, twine
Tools :: Spellbinders - standard circles large nestabilities (S4-114), wizard
Thanks for visiting!