header.gif (12,818 bytes)

6.24.2008

Princess Birthday

I designed this girly princess birthday card using a retired Stampin' Up! hostess set. I thought I would use the stamps mostly for weddings (because there is also a dress and umbrella - for showers - in the set), but I discovered it is quite versatile. I stamped the cake and the candles in black ink. Then, I colored in the flowers and flames using my markers. Last, I added various colored stickles to the center for glitter and pop. I matted it on a scalloped edge square nestabilities die-cut and popped off of the purple card base. I placed a ribbon around the card base and tied a knot. At the bottom, I stamped the sentiment and added pink rhinestones to each side for balance.

I am still editing the pictures of the canvas book I can't wait to show you! Hopefully, I will post it tomorrow!

My Goodies
Stamp: CTMH Say it in Style (happy birthday); SU! Blooming with Happiness
Ink: Black
Paper: CTMH purple; PTI pink, white
Accessories: American Craft ribbon; KI Memories rhinestones; Square Nestabilities; Cuttlebug; ZIP Markers; Stickles
Technique: Stamped

No comments:

Blog Design: Girly by Design